Who we are
Our website address is: https://blog.shaadimagic.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.null
We simply love Weddings and do our best to help to-be weds find the right wedding service provider for their wedding.
We always welcome your opinions and descriptions of your experiences, though there are a few things we expect from every user on ShaadiMagic. Your reviews and photos, as well as your profile and the comments you share, are all subject to Content Guidelines, our Code of Conduct.
If your activity on ShaadiMagic doesn’t match up to the content guidelines, we reserve the right to take action as we deem necessary. This could include altering or deleting your reviews or comments, or deleting your ShaadiMagic account altogether, with or without notice.
If you see content that does not align with these guidelines or our Terms of Service, please let us know. We will consider all reports. However, due to the diversity of our community, it is possible that content disagreeable to you might not meet the criteria to be removed.
Our Code of Conduct
- Keep out the clutter: To make sure we collectively work towards building the highest-quality content that’s useful to everyone, reviews need to be at least few lines long.. However, if any review is filled with junk, we might have to remove the review altogether.
- Keep it relevant: Please keep your contributions relevant to ShaadiMagic. Accounts placing irrelevant, inappropriate, or promotional content, that solicit customers, or that spam vendors, notice.or are based on any already disclaimed or informed policies and practices of a vendor may be deleted without notice. If your review has been removed or moderated by us and if you repost another experience for the same restaurant, we reserve the right to remove that review too, even though such review might be in line with our content guidelines.
- Keep it clean: Whether you’re writing a small snippet or a delightfully detailed account of your experience, keep foul/abusive/hateful language, threats, and lewdness out of it. We, just like you, hate junk and will delete it whenever we see it. This also includes (but is not limited to) derogatory comments on someone’s protected characteristics (e.g. race, gender, religion) or indication of a personal vendetta against a business and its associates.
- Keep it fresh: Only one review per service provider/ vendor in a span of six months can be submitted and your most recent experience of a vendor counts. That’s what is going to help people when they’re trying to decide whether or not to take their services.
- Keep it real: Write your review based on facts and your own experiences (e.g. not a friend’s or any hearsay experience or based on media reports). Please don’t exaggerate or falsify your experience. We do not take sides in cases of dispute, so make sure you can stand by your word. Content that indicates the reviewer hasn’t even visited or availed any services from the restaurant will be removed. For example, “Never been here, never want to. Management is horrible and the food is worse!” Deceptive, fake, or misleading reviews will be removed.. Accepting or soliciting a kickback – monetary or otherwise – in exchange for reviews or photographs is also not acceptable, and could result in removal of your profile.
- Tell the whole story: We’re sure that honesty is the best policy, and other users will respect you even more for it. We love summaries, but incomplete reviews with a manually added link will be removed.
- Be yourself: Your profile is your identity on ShaadiMagic, so keep it real. Please refrain from using inappropriate names, bios, or profile images. We want to stay clean, and we might end up removing your account depending on how inappropriate your profile is.
- Play by the rules: The content you add should be in compliance with ShaadiMagic’s Terms and Conditions, including terms and conditions of any of ShaadiMagic products, as well as the prevailing local laws and regulations. Local laws take precedence, and content may be moderated or deleted to adhere to these.
- Seek help from the right people: ShaadiMagic is a website with no claims to be a court of law. If you have a dispute with a Vendor, we encourage you to contact the appropriate authorities directly. ShaadiMagic is not the appropriate platform for reporting illegal activities, physical confrontations, health code violations, or anything under investigation by local governing bodies or law-enforcement personnel. We encourage that such accusations be reported to the concerned authorities rather than being mentioned in reviews.
There’s no easier way to show how awesome your wedding arrangements were, right? That said, it’s important to keep in mind our photo guidelines, and understand why some photos may be moved or removed once they’ve been added.
Photos that don’t make the cut to appear on a wedding vendor’s page, will show with your review or on your profile depending on how useful it is to other users and how relevant it is to the review.
Exact duplicates or confusingly similar photos, plagiarized photos, promotional content, photos of others posted without their permission, and very unpleasant photos that ruin people’s appetites and photos containing and focussing on subjects other than wedding services will be removed or moderated altogether.
Guidelines for Wedding Vendors
Shaadi Magic is a great way for wedding vendors/ service providers to reach out to a vast to-be weds community. A few things you should keep in mind:
- Keep your listing updated: While our team makes every effort to keep information on Shaadi Magic up-to-date, we appreciate you update your listing on a regular basis.
- Don’t solicit reviews: The best way to get reviews is to delight customers with your products and services. Selective solicitation is a strict NO, and offering any type of compensation or kick-back for reviews is unfair, so you definitely want to keep away from that, too.
- Respond to criticism positively: Take deep breaths when you get a negative review. Take the unflattering reviews as constructive feedback and use it as an opportunity to fix things. Whether you agree with the feedback or not, take the criticism in good stride. You can reply with a management response to show you care, but please don’t use this as a platform to hit back or offer the customer an incentive to edit their review. Your response can’t be edited after posting, so choose your words well.
- Be accountable: Shaadi Magic will not moderate any questionable activities about your business posted in reviews. Shaadi Magic may also not moderate or delete any reviews where any third party service provider is involved. Such a review may be retained if it falls within our guidelines. This business requires thick skin – stating the perceived attitude of owners or employees and reporting of individual actions are not considered personal attacks.
- Don’t entertain: Fulfilling the demands of customers who ask for benefits at the threat of bad reviews or ratings, sends a message that this behavior is tolerated. Similarly, inviting users who have reviewed and given a low rating back to the restaurant for a complimentary meal, invites false negative reviews. These issues affect the entire community and require everyone’s participation to curb their prevalence.
- In a concerted effort to maintain the neutrality of content on ShaadiMagic, restaurant owners, employees, and any affiliates with business interests are no longer permitted to write reviews on Shaadi Magic. We understand that being in the wedding industry, you are truly passionate about weddings, and would love to share your experiences. But when you’re unavoidably invested in your business, it becomes hard to leave emotions (and bias) at the door. This is a step towards maintaining neutrality – and quality – of the content on Shaadi Magic.
It’s also important to note that Shaadi Magic have no employees or affiliates who are paid to review. If any guest identifies themselves as an official blogger, review employee, or associate of Shaadi Magic, it’s not true. Employees of Shaadi Magic are contractually and ethically forbidden from using their status to solicit gifts.
ShaadiMagic Employee Code of Ethics
Employees of Shaadi Magic are expected to adhere to and uphold the highest standard of ethics and integrity. This includes acting in accordance with our core values and the below listed policies at all times.
Shaadi Magic employees are prohibited from using their employee status to solicit discounts, freebies, or special treatment.
All Shaadi Magic employees in client facing roles including but not limited to Sales, Sales Support, Neutrality, and Client Servicing across all transaction/ business/function at Shaadi Magic are prohibited from writing reviews and/or giving ratings on Shaadi Magic from either their personal or
Shaadi Magic accounts. They are also not permitted to influence others to write biased reviews or give ratings.
Please email [email protected] if you witness any behavior not in compliance with this code as it is in direct violation of employee contracts.