Just like any other Indian wedding, the Agarwal weddings are a lot of fun. Each and every step of the entire wedding function makes it memorable and fun. A lot of gifts are exchanged between the two families.
The Agarwal community is known to be renowned for their business strategies and ideas as well as they have established themselves as leading business holders or entrepreneurs not only in India however all across the world. A traditional Agarwal wedding reflects the richness of their culture as well as it is considered rejuvenating. Mentioned below are some of Agarwal weddings rituals and traditions that are important and can be organized through your wedding planner.
- Mudha Tikka- In this ritual, the bride gets a lot of gifts from her future in laws. This would include jewelllery, cosmetics, clothes etc and other such Bridal Accessories. This is done in the bride’s house.
- Sangeet- One of the most common customs in Indian weddings, this is a night where the friends and family of the bride come together and have a blast by singing and dancing. The traditional songs are generally sung at this time. This can be done taking the help of the wedding planner.
- Naandi- In this ritual the whole purpose is taking out the obstacles and negativity in order to ensure that the wedding is a smooth success. This is done with the help of a Pooja that is carried out in the name of Ganesha. This generally happens 10-12 before the day of the wedding.
- Bhaat- In this Agarwal weddings, the brides maternal uncle comes to her place a week before the wedding to bless her, he also gets along with him some gifts for the bride which are basically Bridal Accessories and a dupatta for the bride’s mother.
- Tel Baan- else known as the haldi ceremony, this is done in both the houses. In this ceremony a paste is made out of mustard oil, henna, yoghurt, honey and turmeric power.
- Mehndi- Another popular Indian tradition, henna is applied on the hands and legs of the bride. The bride’s henna is generally sent by her in laws. Your wedding planner can help organize this in the most beautiful manner.
- Korath- In this ceremony, the family of the bride visits the grooms house and hands over a wedding card to the family of the groom. Along with that they also take with them gifts for the groom’s immediate family.
- Baarat and Baarat swagat- In this Agarwal wedding, the groom arrives to the venue of the wedding along with his friends and family. On arrival, the bride’s side welcomes the groom and everyone with him along with performing an aarti which is done by the mother of the bride.
- Varmala- This is a ceremony where the bride and the groom exchanges garland by putting it around the opposite person’s neck.
- Pheras- Another important significance of an Indian wedding is the pheras. The bride and groom go around the sacred fire while the Pandit reads or recites put some prayers and mantras during the wedding. This is where they make a promise to each other. After 7 rounds, the marriage is over and they take the blessings of the elder people around them.
- Bidai- In this ceremony, the bride hugs her family for the last time as she starts her new journey in her husband’s house.
- Vadhu Pravesh- In this Agarwal weddings, before the bride gets into the house, her mother in law takes out the aarti of the bride and the groom, a small pot or lota is placed in front of the brides feet filled with rice. She is required to gently kick it and enter in the house.
- Mooh Dekhai- In this ceremony, the bride is officially introduced to the friends and family of the groom. Her face is covered with a dupatta; the women come one by one, see her face and then give her a gift.
- Muthi Bunth or Jua- In this post wedding celebration, there are various games which are played between the bride and the groom. This helps to create a comfortable environment for the bride as well as for everyone around.
- Chuda ceremony- In this ceremony, the mother in law of the bride goes ahead and puts bangles which are made from gold, metal and glass on her hands.
Most of the Agarwal weddings are very common in all Indian weddings, though they have a different name to it however, it is the same. Just a few of these rituals vary depending on the cast or community. There are specialize wedding planners who know the various aspects of a traditional wedding that is purely for the Agarwal. They will go ahead and ensure that everything goes as per the way it is supposed to be traditionally and will take care of the cultural aspects as well.
Apart from the above mentioned, you have the normal ceremony’s that are conducted during the entire time the wedding takes place, what is really important on this front is that the guests are taken care of. In order to ensure that your wedding goes smoothly here are a few tips that you can follow which will be helpful for you.
Before you hire a wedding planner like us, it is important that you go ahead and sit down and speak to them to understand how they work. Have a list of questions ready which will help you to understand more about the person who will be taking the charge.
Get references of their previous projects which is essential and will let you know how good they are and what they are capable of. You can also get them to sit down and come up with a few ideas that is very close to the Agarwal culture so that the decorations, cuisines and every aspect sticks true to the roots.
If you are looking for a traditional setup or anything in specific, it is just not enough to let them know, however what you can also do is get a few images or pictures that will give them an idea of what you are looking for.
Agarwal weddings have a meaning and significance, it starts from the time the bride and groom approve each other as future life partners. Most of the rituals are completed during the time of the pre and post time of the wedding. These rituals have been practiced for a very long time and hold a lot of importance for the family’s of both the bride and the groom.
Image Courtesy: Google. ShaadiMagic holds no copyright for Images.